Door entry systems are a type of security measure that can be used to control access to a building. It’s a building feature that is widely used by businesses, as it can help to deter crime, as well as keep employees and any stock / assets safe. We all know that they are essential security features, but exactly how do door entry systems work?
The system typically consists of a control panel, which is used to input codes or activate cards that will open the door, and a reader, which is used to scan the code or card. The system can also be linked to other security measures, such as CCTV cameras. When someone arrives at the door, they will need to input the correct code or swipe their card in order to gain entry. This system can be used to restrict access to certain areas of the building, or it can be used to allow only authorised personnel into the premises.
In addition, door entry systems can also be used to keep a record of who has entered the building and when. This is done by using an access control system, which will store the data in a centralised location. This information can then be used for security purposes, or for tracking employee attendance.
Are door entry systems easily managed?
Yes, door entry systems are relatively easy to manage. Once you have had an access system installed by Bee Tee Alarms, you can easily set the desired features and make any changes that you see fit, without having to call in a professional. Here are a few ways that you can manage your door entry system:
– Add or delete users: If you need to add or delete a user, you can simply do so via the control panel. This is a quick and easy way to update the system, which you can simply do yourself.
– Change access codes: You can also change the access codes via the control panel. This is useful if you think that someone may have compromised the security of your system. It’s also useful if employees leave the company, as you can simply change the code to prevent them from accessing the building.
– Set up an access schedule: An access schedule can be used to restrict access to certain areas at certain times. For example, you may only want employees to have access to the office during working hours. This is a great way to increase security and deter crime.
– View logs: The access control system will also keep a log of all the people who have entered the building. This is useful for security purposes, as well as for tracking employee attendance.
– You can also link the system to other security measures, such as CCTV cameras, which can make it easier to monitor who is coming and going from the building.
Door entry systems are a simple but effective way to improve the security of any building. If you are looking to install a door entry system, then be sure to get in touch, as we can advise you on the best solution for your needs.